Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do You Trust Your Friends?


A confession: I haven't heard the new Death Cab for Cutie album yet. It was impossible to avoid smidgens of it, particularly when my previous roommate had it on repeat. But it's become a bit of a task trying to really process any albums, I'm sorry to say. Anyhow, there's a more digestible portion of Death Cab over at stereogum, specifically frontman Ben Gibbard's take on Rilo Kiley and Stars, recorded at Hiro Ballroom last month. Someone was nice enough to post audio files in the comments, and as it somehow has managed to avoid the Machine, I suppose I'll do the honors. There's something that makes covers (and remixes) totally blogtastic - could be that it reinforces the fact that everyone knows everyone, which is a pretty fuzzy thought. Stars plays Terminal 5 on September 20th, and I eagerly await seeing them again, while also dreading the thought of going to that ginormous venue.

MP3: Ben Gibbard - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead (Stars Cover)
MP3: Ben Gibbard - Silver Lining (Rilo Kiley Cover)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...