Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trish Keenan of Broadcast, R.I.P.


Some really sad news last week: Trish Keenan, the beguiling voice behind the British band Broadcast, passed away due to complications from pneumonia. She was only 42.

While Broadcast was never my favorite band, they encapsulated one of my favorite styles: pretty indie pop, flecked with electronic textures. Keenan's voice was sublime, a melodic anchor even as the band branched out into increasingly avant garde styles.

I'll always regret never seeing them live, but their four-album legacy will always be memorable, with Keenan as its human core.

"Succumb to the line
The finishing time
The long distance runner
Has stopped on the corner
But I won't give up
Although I've stopped too"



R.I.P.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...