Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blindhouse: Bright Eyes at Coachella


I remember becoming pretty incensed after reading AMG's review of 2005's pair of Bright Eyes albums. There's a fine line between negative criticism and senseless mud-flinging, and I'm still inclined to believe that the line was crossed. But what I didn't realize at the time was what a polarizing figure Conor Oberst is, and I suppose I was so awash in media praise that I kind of took his alleged greatness for granted. So, after somewhat objective listens, I've found him to be merely okay; I'm actually far more fond of some of his collaborators.

Anyhow, the trend continues in his May 2nd, 2005 appearance, which features Gretta Cohn, formerly of Cursive, and Nick Zinner from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (perhaps a sign of things to come...).

Enjoy:

1. Don't Know When But A Day Is Gonna Come
2. Another Travelin' Song
3. Old Soul Song
4. Neely O'Hara / Lover I Don't Have To Love
5. Bowl of Oranges
6. The Calender Hung Itself
7. Road To Joy
8. Lua

Going For The Gold: Here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...