Thursday, March 27, 2008

Who's Afraid of Detroit?


The days are getting longer, but my time seems to burn up faster. The immediate downside is that I just don't have much time to devote here, but I'll do my best to keep things reasonably up to date. I suppose one way of doing so is these shorter blurbs. Today's pick is Claude VonStroke, a Detroit native who celebrates his hometown in all its techno influence. VonStroke is the founder of Dirtybird Records - check out their site for some great mixes - and he takes avian fandom to a new level, releasing an album entitled Beware of the Bird in 2006. Minimal beats, bass and weird vocal samples are all accounted for here, but as his mascot suggests, VonStroke has a sense of humor, too.

MP3: Claude VonStroke - Deep Throat
MP3: Claude VonStroke - Who's Afraid of Detroit?
MySpace: Claude VonStroke
Official Site: Dirtybird Records

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...