Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here It Comes Again


I'm realized that I'm sort of awful when it comes to following up on other people's recommendations. I suppose I'd rather be proactive, but the downside is that selections can be pretty arbitrary. I can recall the last time I was really...nudged (coerced is a bit too impolite) towards reviewing something and, well, it wasn't pretty. Still, I've tried to be more open-minded, although for the record (no pun intended), I generally prefer to be introduced at ashow, which really demands your full attention. But, as I've promised, there will be more non-concert content here, and this is just the start of it.

Anyhow, with locals Murder Mystery, I can have my cake and eat it, too. The band plays Crashin' In on November 2nd, and I'm definitely up for that. My impression of their album, Are You Ready For The Heartache Cause Here It Comes, is pleasant enough: twelve upbeat pop songs, if perhaps standard as far as subject matter goes. Singer Jeremy Coleman has a distinctive delivery that takes a little getting used to, but his sister Laura's backup vocals are a nice touch, particularly on "What My Baby Said." It's relatively unsurprisingly for fans of indie rock, but at a breezy thirty-three minutes, there's no harm in giving it a try.

MP3: Murder Mystery - Love Astronaut
MP3: Murder Mystery - Honey Come Home
MySpace: Murder Mystery
Official Site: Murder Mystery

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...