Saturday, November 10, 2007

Madness!


It took a while, but this is the 300th post on ÜberDrivel. Aside from a lackluster summer (excluding Virgin Festival), these last hundred posts have coincided with an incredible semester of concert-going, highlighted by an insane five day stretch during CMJ. But even more importantly, I've developed some really great relationships, partly because of this blog, and I'd like to thank everyone that's taken the time to read, comment, listen and link here. And to those of you that I've seen at shows, IMed, emailed and generally spent time with, thanks in particular to Danielle, Elizabeth, Jeff, Joe, Kyle, Luke, Maria, Maryanne, Stephanie, Tanmay, and everyone at the MuseBox, Wireless Bollinger, and Washington Square News for all their support. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without you guys, and it's been a pleasure. Keep up the good work!

So, how does one commemorate the occasion? Well, I've been really into music for about three years now, and although my playlists shift frequently, there's a special set of songs that sound just as compelling now as when I first started off. I guess you would call these my favorites, and it's really gratifying to be able to share them with you. Enjoy!

MP3: Bloc Party – Helicopter
MP3: Eisley - Golly Sandra
MP3: Ellen Allien & Apparat – Way Out
MP3: Interpol - PDA
MP3: Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps
MP3: Metric - Combat Baby
MP3: My Bloody Valentine - Soon
MP3: Portishead - Roads
MP3: Straylight Run - Existentialism On Prom Night
MP3: Trentemøller – Take Me Into Your Skin

Entire Mix: Mediafire

And seriously, support these and all artists by going to their shows, buying their merch and spreading the word. The world would be a much lamer place without the music they make. Thanks.

2 comments:

Samir said...

Happy Birthday!
Sort of.

Keep up the good work.

Noctisaura said...

Congrats Happy Music Bearer. *Hands you a cookie*

And I like the placement of "Existentialism on Prom Night" and "PDA" on that list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...