Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Renaissance: Lacuna Coil in Paris


Despite the best efforts of a number acquaintances, I don't really get metal. This probably isn't a rarity among indie-minded individuals (incidentally, Tool seems to transcend the genre), but I find Lacuna Coil to be one of the more accessible bands. Critics might call their particular brand a watered down substitute to the shredding, monstrous beast of yore, but I learned a while ago that hooks are not the enemy. Really, the organization of the band calls for a more, dare I say, pop-inflected outlook, as they have two dedicated vocalists. I find that Cristina Scabbia's soaring vocals backed by Andrea Ferro's lower tones are far appealing setup than abrasive, inscrutable screaming or growling. I couldn't really see Slayer covering Depeche Mode, to say the least.

This energetic set was recorded on January 6th, 2004 in Paris.

Enjoy:

1. Intro
2. Swamped
3. To Live Is To Hide
4. Entwined
5. Self Deception
6. Humane
7. Cold Heritage
8. Senzafine
9. When A Dead Man Walks
10. Tight Rope
11. Heaven's A Lie
12. Daylight Dancer

Memories: Here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...