Sunday, October 29, 2006

Not Quite Bismarck: Iron & Wine on KCRW


I'm not sure what's going on with Sam Beam, aka Iron & Wine, these days. I do recall Pitchfork's less-than-enthusiastic description of his gig at Lollapalooza, and there's that collaboration with Calexico and a smattering of iTunes exclusives. I've stated a disclaimer that I'm not particularly into singer-songwriters, but I have found what I've heard of Our Endless Numbered Days soothing. Of course, his "Such Great Heights" cover is also abundant indie cred.

Here's Sam on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic, recorded on December 6th, 2002.

Enjoy:

1. Intro
2. Lion's Mane
3. The Rooster Moans
4. Jesus the Mexican Boy
5. Interview
6. Upward Over The Mountain
7. Dearest Forsaken
8. Muddy Hymnal
9. Interlude
10. Her Tea Leaves
11. Outro

The CDs Drank The Cash: Here

In other news...

CMJ madness kicks off soon!

EZArchive's relocation is wreaking havoc in the blogosphere. Sorry, guys.

The end of Daylights Savings Time is a nice consolation for the recent frigid weather.

Speaking of cold, I was very pleased to witness the Rangers' 7-3 rout of the Coyotes over the weekend. It's a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment on Rbally's Pavement farewell post and checked out your blog - nice stuff! Just wanted to say hi, I plan on making this a regular stop on my music blog rounds.

Best regards-
S

Roland said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...